Selection Criteria for Industrial Cooperation as follows:
- Industries that are appropriate to academic programs offered at UPM
- Industries that can benefit UPM (in terms of human capital, research, and development) and benefit the State and society;
- Industries that do not involve financial liability or harm to UPM for each run partnership. UPM's involvement in terms of expertise, facilities, and students;
- Legitimate industry in terms of the law. UPM shall not be convicted of any offense or rule of law committed by the industry through ongoing collaboration;
- Industries that do not involve the interests of any political organization, certain tribes, illegal organizations, and religious extremism.