The establishment of CiRNeT was approved by the University Management Committee Meeting No-434 on March 16, 2012 [minutes of JPU 434.05 (n)]. CiRNeT is a combination of the Division of Industry (BJI) and the Industrial Relations Unit (UPI), previously operated under the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Industry and Community Relations).
CiRNeT's activity were as follows:
- To become a hub (one stop centre) between industries and researchers at UPM.
- To cooperate with industrial activities such as organizing training, industrial training placement opportunities and any other industry-related cooperation.
- To provide advice for the project that meet the KPI for Industry Networks.
- To be a centre for collecting and analyzing data for Industry Networks KPI.
- To manage the Industry Training Trust Fund - financial assistance for UPM undergraduate students to undergo internship locally and abroad.